UPDATE CONCERNING THE COVID-19
As we enter into a new month, we are grateful for the safety and blessings the Lord has given our family. Like many of you, we have been in quarantine for about a month now based on the suggestions of the White House.
We have a few meetings in the month of May in North Carolina and Texas. As the dates draw closer to these meetings, I have already had a few churches contact us and reschedule. Many churches are still not back to their regular services, and the others are trying to get off the ground again. We understand and respect the decision of every church during this time.
As for our family, we will begin attending meetings that will still have us. We will practice social distancing as best as possible and will refrain from placing our children in the nursery for the time being. While our hearts are in Brazil and we are eager to get there, we are taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of our family.
We are doing our best to honor our authorities, stay healthy, and continue to serve Christ through it all. We appreciate your prayers and continued support. Our next prayer letter will go out at the beginning of June. We look forward to updating you on our ministry and adjusted goal for getting to the field.
We hope that you are doing well during this confusing and scary time. We are actively monitoring the virus situation around the country and in the Dallas-Metro area in particular, our home town. The Dallas County Health Officials have issued restrictions regarding public gatherings. These restrictions limit the number of attendees to no more than 50 people. Our President has suggested that there be no gatherings of more than 10 people. While traveling we have had a couple meetings cancelled because of these precautions set by the government.
We have prayed about our situation and have decided to cancel all meetings for the month of April. During this time, we will be self-quarantining ourselves with Rebecca’s family at their home there in Texas. Daniel will be using that time to contact churches and line up new meetings. We are praying that we do not have to cancel any meetings for the month of May; however, we are prepared for the worst and understand God is always in control. We were also planning on setting a date for departure based on our lined-up meetings. We have decided to put that on hold until things go back to normal.
Please understand that these drastic measures are meant for the health and safety of our family and the general public. We look forward to resuming our deputation as soon as possible. If you have any questions please contact us via email or phone. We are grateful for all our supporting churches, friends, and family during this time. We will keep you all in our prayers as we battle through this difficult time together.
Therefore, as we continue serving, we will exercise wisdom and discernment in our approach, and we will recall God’s Word to us: “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” (Philippians 4:6)
The Butler Family